Christ Church is a local member church of the United Reformed Church based in Chase Side on the edge of Enfield Town, North London. Our building dates back to 1874 and we have held regular Sunday services uninterrupted since then, currently at 11:00am each Sunday morning.
As a part of the United Reformed Church, Christ Church is a member of a national church movement that began as a union of the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1972 but whose origins date back to the 16th Century. The United Reformed Church is one of the three main Free Churches along with the Baptist and Methodist Churches.
- in one almighty God, our loving heavenly Father who created the world and gives life.
- that God became man in Jesus Christ, who died on the cross to forgive our sins and was raised to life to offer us eternal life through Him.
- in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.
- that God is still with us through the Holy Spirit to guide and help us.
- that we are called to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and to love our neighbour as ourselves.
Our Motto & Mission Statement
Our motto: Enter to worship, depart to serve.
Our mission statement: Christ Church United Reformed Church aims to provide through its worship, work, witness and mission an effective contribution to the spiritual and social welfare of the church family and the wider community.
Local area groupings
Christ Church URC is a member of the North Enfield Group of URCs (with Lancaster Road and Bush Hill Park URCs) and the North West Enfield Group of Churches (with Brigadier Free Church, Lancaster Road URC, Our Lady of Walsingham Catholic Church, St John's, St Luke's, St Mary Magdalene and St Michael's Church of England Churches).